by Daniel Crumback
A brief introduction to exercise physiology and metabolic analysis including the Resting Metabolic Test and Active Test. Includes an overview of the metrics, data analysis, zoning, how to identify system specific limitation and how the test results can be used to prescribe limitation and goal specific nutrition and exercise programs. This course serves as an introduction to the in-depth PNOĒ Metabolic Analysis Certification Program available through Inspire360. CECs granted by NASM and AFAA for successful course completion.
1. Describe metabolism
2. Discuss the three main physiological systems involved in exercise and how these systems interact to influence human function and performance
3. Introduce energy systems, fuel sources and ATP production at different exercise intensities
4. Introduce concept of central governor model
5. Discuss the potential cause(s) of muscle fatigue
6. Introduce concept of central governor model
7. Introduce how centrally and peripherally mediated processes limit performance
8. Effects of hyperventilation and other respiratory limitations affect performance
9. Discuss how metabolic analysis can measure each system and thereby accurately identify which system(s) are limiting function and performance
1. Introduces metabolic testing including the Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) and Active Tests
2. Introduce the metrics provided through RMR metabolic testing
3. Introduce how the results of an RMR can identify limitation(s) and drive effective nutrition and exercise programming
4. Introduce the metrics provided through Active metabolic testing
5. Introduce how the results of an active metabolic test can identify system specific limitation(s) and thereby drive effective nutrition and exercise programming
6. How active metabolic testing can accurately identify fuel sources and intensity zones
7. Introduce how metabolic analysis results can be used to prescribe limitation and goal specific nutrition and exercise programs
|Lesson 1 - Introduction to System Specific Limitations ||Module|
|Lesson 2 - Introduction to Metabolic Analysis, Testing and Training ||Module|
|Metabolic Analysis Certification Program ||Module|
Access your courses with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Take your courses when you want and where you want.